Sunburst Metal Embossing
As we enter the winter months, this new Art Box project celebrates the warmth and wonder of the sun!
Create a Sunburst metal relief sculpture by tracing and embossing folk art sun designs into soft metal.
Choose from a variety of images and impress the image into the metal, adding bright color to illuminate the design. When the metal embossing complete, paint and attach a round wooden frame to create a vibrant wall hanging to bring light and joy.
A Camp Wildcraft favorite, this satisfying and relaxing metal work project is perfect for adults and kids to do together.
- Included:Links to instructional videos and visual resources for this project
- 3 sheet of metal to emboss
- An assortment of folk-art sun designs
- Paper to practice and make your own designs
- Round wood frame
- Non-toxic, kid-friendly markers for the metal
- Paint for the wooden circle frame
- Embossing supplies: Pencil, sharpener, felt and masking tape
- Adhesive strips to attach the metal to the wood frame
- Small, kids-size scissor to cut out the metal design
- Pipe cleaners and decorative beads for hanging the finished project
- Printed instructional materials
Consider purchasing an Add-On kit for a sibling or adult to participate too!